Important Note: Please check in advance that the stand dimensions will fit in your space - it's large.
The tripod stand is large at 260x260x260cm (along with the base triangle) and 240cm tall, so it's usually best suited outdoors. The large size means that it can fit all of our swings, and the swings can then be adjusted up and down using the chain and carabiner. It supports gentle to moderate swinging, as there are about 1m from the side of the 150cm nest swing to the poles (see the below video for an example). It also includes three standard pegs so you can fix it down. The stand is powder-coated for weather resistance.
150cm is the largest size of nest swing available in Australia and stocked only by Heavenly Hammocks & Swings, so it's unique! The most obvious advantage is that while a 100cm swing is mainly for kids, a 150cm swing can fit adults too. Add a quilt and pillows on top, and you've got a very relaxing place to lay down (we've tried it and can confirm). The swing is very roomy, so that it could fit multiple kids easily. The Textilene micro-weave material is waterproof, smooth, and supportive. A lot of people prefer the smooth mat style versus the rope style.
Since the swing is hung from 1 point, it can also spin. Keep spinning to a reasonable amount, e.g., if you find the chain winding too much, you might want to install a swivel below the top carabiner.
The outer ring is padded for safety and comfort, while the swing uses eight outer ropes rather than the usual four on smaller swings for stability and strength. The tabs connecting the mat to the padded ring keep the mat taut, though it will stretch slightly after some use.
The chain and carabiner system makes it easy to latch on and off any swings you like. Other swings that you might consider include - a hangout, a pod, or a wrap swing.
The suggested age is 3+. The weight limit of the stand is 80kg, and the boundary of the swing is 140kg, so overall for the set is 80kg.
Tripod Stand (Including 2x Carabiners, 1x chain, 3x Standard Pegs, 1x Rope) and 150cm Orange Nest Swing
- Very Large - It can fit all of our swings.
- The chain and carabiner system lets you easily adjust the swing up and down.
- It has nothing below the swing - safe from obstacles.
- The ropes keep the three legs securely in position. The ropes and stand can then be pegged down (3x standard pegs included. XL spiral pegs are optional.).
- You can use it for spinning. Though you might want to install a swivel if turning excessively.
- The stand has no feet on the poles, so if you were planning to use it inside, you might need to put something under the legs to protect your floor.
- Only for gentle-moderate strength, you are swinging. If swinging too strongly, you'd bump into the poles.
- Weather Resistance: The stand is powder-coated, and the swing is made from textile mesh, which is weather resistant. That means you can use it outdoors, though we'd still suggest not leaving the swing in the sun & rain permanently to avoid fading.
- Adjusting: The swing has adjustable ropes. So, you can adjust it to a suitable height depending on the age and size of the children or adults using it. That is in addition to the chain on the stand, which you can also use for adjusting.
- Accessories: The optional accessories (straps or anchor plates) are only offered for convenience, in case you want to have extra hanging locations in addition to the stand. The set already includes everything you need to use the stand and nest swing.
Please follow the manual when setting it up. You should follow a trick to get the swing together easier.