If you need to free up some space in your garden or allow seating where most chairs won’t fit, then consider getting an outdoor hanging chair. These chairs are easy to set up, functioning like mini hammocks. They’re great for relaxing and add a unique touch to your space. Here are two of our best hammock chairs.
The thick cotton Mexican chair is a unique piece offering plenty of space for the user. Woven from soft yarn, this seat keeps you comfortable and relaxed. The hammock chair also comes in thirteen different colors, enabling you to style your room.
Our second best-selling chair is the Deluxe Macramé Hanging Chair. What sets this chair apart is its handmade woven design, which you won’t find in most hammock chairs. It also comes pre-assembled, sparing you from the hassle of dealing with strings and poles. It’s an excellent chair for curling up and relaxing in.
WHICH OUTDOOR HANGING CHAIR IS BEST FOR YOU?
Everything is a lot better when you do it outside from a patio swing chair, as soothing and delightful as sitting on the couch reading a nice book or looking out the window and admiring the view is.
There's nothing quite like a well-styled hanging chair to add wow-factor and whimsy to outdoor environments. Apart from the aesthetics, nothing beats a slow rocking motion in a cocoon-like enclosure for relaxation.
Wicker Patio Swing Chairs
A basket, according to Wikipedia, is a container that is traditionally composed of rigid fibers, but you can create it from many materials. Wicker is a term used to describe weaving goods out of several materials.
Wicker is lightweight and durable, making it ideal for objects that will be moved frequently, such as porch and patio furniture. The materials used to weave a hanging wicker chair are robust but flexible. But what exactly are these materials? For wicker hanging chairs, rattan, or more recently, the highly popular artificial equivalent, Synthetic Rattan, is at the top of the list.
Rattan Swing Chair
Natural materials have the advantage of looking more stylish and high-quality and feeling more precious. Outdoors, however, we choose synthetic rattan. Natural rattan is far more attractive, which is why it is ideal for use in your bedroom or living area. The disadvantage is that raw materials are typically more expensive than plastic alternatives, and the most important reason to avoid using them outside is that they are not waterproof.
If you want to purchase a hanging basket chair for your terrace, balcony, or garden, a basket made of polyethylene (PE) or a plastic imitation is the best choice. It's more durable and doesn't need to be covered or carried inside when it rains.
Wooden Hanging Chair
Hanging chairs made of wood are the best choice if you desire a high-quality outdoor hanging chair made of natural material that feels fantastic and looks more luxurious. However, you must be willing to pay a slightly higher price for these.
Some manufacturers offer hanging chairs made of wood, presenting a luxurious outdoor hanging seat alternative to the classic hanging chairs made of synthetic rattan, which are relatively inexpensive.
A patio swing is a great option for anyone looking for a hanging basket chair that can accommodate two or even three people. For smaller porches, one or two single-seater swings will do. The traditional porch swing is a bench-style seat suspended from a porch beam by chains or rope. Freestanding porch swings, with or without an adjustable canopy, are also popular.
Patio swings are now available in various materials, including wood, metal, synthetic wicker, and fabric. They typically feature colorful cushions made of weather-resistant material that withstands rain or bright sunlight. There are many different types, sizes, and configurations to choose from.
You can find a patio swing on the front porch, in the backyard, or even inside the house.
Rope Hammock Chair
These are usually simple, informal, and inexpensive. It's also light and breezy, making it ideal for use outside during the summer. The breeze will feel wonderful, and the coolness will help you relax and unwind.
Ropes are strung and weaved together to simulate some form of netting in this type of hanging chair.
Many variants are instead constructed of cotton or polyester for added comfort. Several of them use Duracord. The netting on the rope hammock chairs is usually spread out using a spreader bar. It allows you to take a seat immediately away while also preventing you from being trapped inside by the netting.
Types of Rope Hammock Chairs
- Cotton: For various reasons, this is one of the most often utilized materials. It's highly cost-effective. It's also the most comfortable material for rope-style hanging seats. It can easily mold to your body's contour, making you feel cradled while you relax and take a seat. On the other hand, cotton ropes do not last for a long period. You should also avoid getting them wet because they take a long time to dry out.
- Polyester: Rope hanging chairs work nicely for this, but they are a little more expensive than cotton ones. Many producers employ soft spun polyester, which is soft and lasts longer than cotton rope. Polyester dries even quicker than cotton. They're also mildew and mold resistant, which is a nice addition. Nylon is a silky, lightweight fabric that dries quickly. It's only that it isn't as comfortable as cotton.
- Duracord: This is the most powerful bunch, yet it's also the softest. It strikes a balance between the softness of cotton and the toughness of polyester. It's stain, mold, and water-resistant. It dries rapidly even if it gets wet. It can survive harsh outdoor conditions, and its colors do not fade easily. Many people think it's the best material for rope hanging chairs, but it's also the most expensive.
Fabric Hammock Chair
Quilted hammock chairs and those that aren't quilted give more padding than rope hammock chairs, making them more comfortable. There are sometimes more layers of fabric and more support than with rope-hanging seats. You're more likely to enjoy spending hours in this type of hanging chair, which is beneficial when trying to go through a whole novel or season of your favorite television show.
Because of the multiple layers of cloth used, it is quite comfortable. Additionally, no rope or cord cuts into your flesh. In a way, it's as if you're sitting in a cocoon-like chair that cradles you while simultaneously allowing you to swing in various directions. You don't have to fret about your fingers getting caught because there aren't any holes.
On the other hand, this design may feel a little warmer because it prevents air from traveling through the textiles. Also, when you're sitting in class, you're more likely to drop drinks. When you're wet from a swim at the beach or in the pool, the same thing applies. The material will absorb the liquid spill or droplets of water, becoming wet and possibly staining.
Types of Fabric Hammock Chairs
Textilene: This is a type of polyester mesh that has been coated with PVC. It is non-stretchable, flame-retardant, mildew-resistant, and stable in hot and cold temperatures. It's highly long-lasting and requires little upkeep. Outdoors, the fabric's hues might remain for years.
- Dyed Acrylic: This is a durable cloth made specifically for outdoor use. It has a soft cotton-like feel to it and is also breathable. When colored, it's fantastic since it keeps its colors from fading for a long period. It is also suitable for poolside use because you may use it in the water. It's also mildew-resistant.
- Sunbrela: This is a unique series of patented materials that you can also use for hammock swings. It's pricey, but the benefits frequently outweigh the cost. They can be as soft as cotton. You can use it outside under any weather. Plus, it's mildew and mold resistant. The colors on the fabric last a long time as well.
- Macrame Hammock Chairs: The macrame is an old tradition that originated in the Orient and has since spread worldwide. You can use Macramé to construct purses or belts and ornamental wall hangings, and hanging macramé hammock seats. This particular hammock is quite pricey. Something like this, though, maybe readily be done by oneself with a little bit of craftsmanship. If you're searching for a more in-depth guide, click here. The construction material determines how long it will last.
CARE AND MAINTENANCE
An outdoor hanging chair, while a durable piece of furniture, still requires proper care and maintenance to retain its condition and extend its lifespan. Depending on the material of your chair, it's advised to cover it during adverse weather conditions or store it inside when not in use for extended periods. Regular cleaning using mild soap and water can help prevent dirt build-up. Always make sure to check the manufacturer's specific instructions for care to ensure your outdoor hanging chair stays in prime condition for years to come.
HOW TO MAINTAIN AN OUTDOOR HAMMOCK CHAIR
After you've purchased your hammock chair, it's up to you to make sure you don't need to replace it anytime soon. Here are some pointers to remember:
- It would help if you placed any hammock chair in a shady area. It will endure longer regardless of the material used.
- Disassemble it and store it somewhere dry when the weather becomes colder and you know you won't be utilizing the hammock swing. Make sure it's in a place where bugs and rodents won't be able to get to it.
- Keep the rope clean by cleaning it regularly. All you need is a soft-bristled scrub brush and some warm soapy water. If the cotton rope shrinks, don't worry; it will expand again when you use it.
- Refinishing wooden hanging chairs or even small wooden elements, such as the spread bar for a hammock chair, will benefit them in the long run. Just make sure the spreader bar isn't detached from the chair. You should also work around the rope instead of tying them all together.
Hammock chairs might sound like a weird option, but they’re nice for relaxing and they give a unique touch to your room that nothing else can.
This update is brought to you by The Relaxation Store. Our range of camping products includes bed canopies, hammocks, and mosquito nets.
We also offer a broad range of outdoor products like hanging hammock chairs for use in your yard. Call 02 8091 1204 to learn more about our wide variety of selections on our outdoor hanging chairs.
Happy Shopping at Siesta Hammocks!