Our calming nylon wrap swing is a sensory dream come true!
- Large - Kids or Adults
- Smooth and Strong Nylon Fabric
- Premium Silky Nylon Variation
- Capacity: 100kg
- Hanging Length: Adjustable
- Swing Size: 450x250cm
- You can hang it from 1 or 2 hanging points.
It's a tri-tone variation of the large wrap swings made from premium Silky Nylon. While it is functionally similar to the single colour wrap swings, the style and texture are different. The Silky Nylon is noticeably softer, silkier and slightly more elastic while also coming in an interesting tri-tone colour scheme.
While the colours shown on your monitor or phone could vary from the actual, our best description for the colours is - Teal - Mauve - Blue. As you can see from the photos, the colours can vary depending on the lighting, so it looks a bit different indoor or outdoors.
The size measures 450x250cm, which can fit both adults and children. The 450cm dimension means that you can adjust the height to be long or medium, depending on the height of your hanging points. The 250cm dimension implies that a 182cm tall adult can lay out fully inside.
The regular nylon material used in the single colour wrap swings is smooth, strong, and stretchy. The Silky Nylon used in this wrap swing matches that description but is silkier, softer and slightly more stretchy.
It's relaxing inside and a nice tight wrap, with the wrapping tightness depending on whether you're using one hanging point or two and how far apart.
You can hang the swing from 1 or 2 hanging points. Hanging from 1 point will mean the swing wraps tighter and can spin while hanging from 2 points will be a bit more open though still fairly tight and will mainly move forward and backward, not spin.
The optional tree straps are not only for trees. You can use it to hang from horizontal supports, such as a horizontal beam on a verandah.
The size is even large enough for an adult to layout fully inside. That also means some material overlap when used by a small child. The suggested age is 3+, though small children should use it under supervision to ensure they can get in and out safely, preferably with a soft surface beneath.
You'll receive two large carabiners with the swing. You'll need to tie each end through a carabiner to set up the swing. Make sure to double knot it, as the smooth material could slide if only single knotted. Retie one end until you have your desired hanging length. If there is excess material hanging down on one end, sit it in the carabiner.
Having the carabiners means it's easy to take down and put up without re-adjust or retie every time.
The nylon material is mildew resistant but can fade with prolonged UV exposure, so it is better as an indoor swing. If used outdoors, it is best kept inside when not in use.
The swing is suggested to be hand-washed and dried on a low heat cycle.
Sensory Swing Frequently Asked Questions
- How much does a sensory swing cost?
How to buy a sensory swing?
- How much does the shipping cost for a sensory swing?
- How to assemble a sensory swing?
- How to install a sensory swing??
- Are sensory swings safe?
- Make sure all the necessary parts are complete.
- Remove the inflatable cushion from the vacuum-sealed bag.
- Open the pod swing zip and put the inflatable cushion inside.
- Connect the air pump to the inflatable cushion and pump it up.
Please note: Find the right balance of how you pump the cushion. Make it to how the child is comfortable while sitting in it.
- Close the zip and make sure the zip is completely closed up to the seat.
- Put together the sensory swing seat and cushion.
There are a few ways how to install your sensory swing indoors:
Connect the hanging screw hook to the ceiling
- Connecting the hanging screw hooks
- Find a joist in your ceiling
It's much better if you have a stud finder tool so you can easily locate the joist.
What to do if you don't have a stud finder?
A quick tip: Knocking the ceiling. If your knocking sounds solid, then it must be one of your joists. If it's hollow, it isn't. Try another direction of your ceiling. The majority of the joists are only direct in one direction.
Now you've located the joist, and you can start to find anywhere from those joists you're planning to hang the sensory swing seat at.
3. Installing your sensory swing
Equipment you need:
- Drill Bit
4. Draw the hole location
- Use the ceiling hanging kit to measure where you can drill the holes. Mark its holes with a pencil.
Please note: Most of the joists are in different sizes, so some are not wide enough to drill those four bolts.
Solution: Drill at least two blots along the joist. Sometimes, two bolts will be enough to support the seat.
- Using the drill, drill into the joist where the pencil markings are. Drill each hole.
- Clean out the drill using a vacuum, brush, or blowing into the bits. Always use protective face shield sunglasses to protect your eyes and avoid dust in them.
- Insert the hook into the hole and screw the bolts through the ceiling hook.
- Tighten all the bolts using a screwdriver.
- Connect the carabiner to the sensory swing hook that's already installed.
- If it's too high from the ground, you can use a hanging chain kit to extend the seat lower to the floor.
- Test the weight of the sensory swing for safety
- Hanging Sensory swing Safety instructions
- Test the weight of the sensory swing for safety
Before your child/children use the swing, pull it down as hard as possible to ensure that it's installed correctly and can carry your child. If there's no issue, let your child play away!
Hanging Safety Instructions
An ideal safety precaution for hanging sensory swing is to put a mat under the sensory swing if the child falls so it'll not result in any serious injury to the user.
It's a must that the distance from the ground should not be more than 35cm.
All sensory swings are ideal for gentle swinging only and not for strong swinging.
Always keep the area from where the sensory swing is installed free from dangerous objects such as toys on the ground, any other thing that might cause tripped over, or a nearby object that can bump the sensory swing.
We require adult supervision.
Additional information for adults to instruct children to:
- Dress appropriately while using the swing
- Avoid ponchos, scarves, and any loose-fitting clothing that are potentially hazardous
- Ask your child to sit in the centre with full weight when swinging alone
Additional important information for adults to instruct children NOT to:
- Walk close to, in front of, behind, or between moving items.
- Get on/off the swing while it's still in motion
- Attach any hard objects or items to the swing.