This oval swing chair is good for sitting, relaxing, and swinging. The swing dips down at the bottom of the seating area, so you can sit comfortably inside.
- Oval Swing
- Size: 60 x 100cm
- Adjustable Height: Max Height: 180 cm
- Steel Tube: diameter 25 x 1.1mm
- Black foam on the frame tube
- Blue Teslin
- Rope Suspension: diameter 10mm
- Max Load: 150 kgs.
These tree straps are specifically designed for use with swings. You can hang with 1 strap and have the swing swivel, or you can use 2 straps to decrease spinning.
They're easy to set up and strong too, so your kids can be swinging within minutes. You simply pass the strap over a strong branch, then loop the strap through itself. Just have an adult test the straps set up before use.
Note: Stand not included. Any stands pictured are for perspective only.
The swing is adjustable in height from 120-to 160cm tall, so you can lower or raise it to suit your space, or set it at a suitable height for a child or adult. The swing material is waterproof Textilene, which is like finely woven polyester/PVC that lets air flow through.
Assembling your Oval Swing Seat :
1. Swing arrives in 4 pieces plus 2 hanging ropes and a seat mat for assembly
2. Put the seat mat on the floor, and put the curved padded tubes into the sleeves first.
3. Put the straight tubes in next.
4. Insert the eye-bolts through the tubing, with the eye facing upward relative to the mat.
5. 5. Tighten it with a nut and wrench. Repeat steps 4 and 5.
6. Assembly is finished and ready to attach to 1 or 2 hanging points.
Ensuring the Safety of the Swing
- Clearance distance should be a safe distance around the swing.
- A fall onto a hard surface can result in serious injury to the equipment user.
- Do not use the equipment until properly installed.
- This swing is not to be used in any other manner other than its intended use.
- Adult supervision is required.
- Adults should verify that the hanging ropes are secured and cannot be looped back on the swing.
It is important for adults to instruct children to:
- Dress appropriately while using the swing (avoid ponchos, scarves, and other loose-fitting clothing that is potentially hazardous)
- Sit in the center of the seat with full weight on the seat if swinging alone
- Avoid swinging empty seats
It is important for adults to instruct children NOT to
- Walk close to, in front of, behind, or between moving items
- Twist ropes or loop them over the top support bar since such action may reduce the
- strength of the rope
- Get off the swing while it is in motion
- Climb on the swing when it is wet.
- Attach additional items to the swing.
Maintaining the Swing
- At the beginning of each play season, adults should:
- Check and tighten the hardware if necessary.
- Check all protective coverings on pipes, edges, and corners, Replace if they are loose,
- cracked, or missing.
- Check all moving parts including swing seat, ropes for wear, rust, or other deterioration,
- Replace as needed. The hardware used for this swing (binding post, screw, S hook, lock
- washer, flat washer, and metal ring) can be found at local hardware store.
- Check metal parts for rust, if found, and repaint using a non-lead-based paint meeting the EN71 requirements.
- If the swing is hung from a swing set frame, then lubricate all metallic moving parts that are attached by a metal connection.
- If the swing is hung from a tree branch, then rake and check the depth of loose-fill protective surfacing materials(such as mulch or sand) to prevent compaction and to maintain appropriate depth(Min amount is 25cm), and replace as needed.
At the end of each play season, or when the weather is bad, adults should:
- Remove the swing from its outdoor location.
- Store the swing in a dry environment.
Disposing of the swing
- To dispose of the swing, first, disassemble it, Dispose of it in such a way that no unreasonable
- hazards will exist at the time that the swing is discarded.